Salt Mines of Maras – Quad Bikes & Kayak
The trip in Cuatrimotos to the route of Salt Mines of Huaypo lagoon is a very exciting and fun trip, a circuit designed for adventure lovers in a spectacular place very close to the Sacred Valley of the Incas. We recommend this circuit if you are looking for something different in your visit to our city of Cusco.
Start 7:30 a.m. from the city of Cusco to the community of Cruzpata on the road (Cusco – Ollanta) private transport will take about 45 minutes to reach the base of Pacha Peru ATV Quad Bikes.
Then you will have a training of about 10-15 minutes to familiarize yourself with ATVs, purchase necessary things for the route like sun blockers, water, snacks, rehydrating cookies, etc. Or use of toilet facilities.
Then we start to drive the quad, only after about 10 minutes we will have our first stop to have a majestic view towards the lagoon of Huaypo, take photos and guided, continuing with our trip through the mountain of the Andes, the route consists of Incredible climbs and descents incredible scenery and lots of fun, 45 minute trip and all with direction to the archeological center of Moray which is very impressive.
In which we will stop and you will be able to make the guided tour that will be in charge of one of our professional guides Bilingual.
Following our tour we will pass through the typical village of maras, characterized by its colonial period covers and as final point of visit we will have the salt mines of Maras known as salineras and return to the base of Pacha Peru ATV Quad Bikes. Our private vehicle awaits for us to continue our trip to Cusco.
THIS TOUR IS AVAILABLE IN THE SERVICE GROUP AND PRIVATE SERVICE.
DAILY DEPARTURES !!! From 08:00 am to 13: 00 pm and 13:00pm to 18:00pm
GROUP SERVICE: US$55 per person ( Adult or Student )
Boleto Turistico (Tourist Ticket) to the ruins not included). Meeting point at Machupicchu Exploring office.
You could combine this tour with train to Aguas Calientes and accomodation this night to be able to see Machu Picchu for sunrise the following day. This program is called “ Machupicchu & Sacred Valley 2 Days” and is a combination of 2 tours, the Sacred Valley Tour and the Classic train tour to Machu Picchu and for those who only have 2 days for this tour rather than 3, it is a must!
Cusco Tourist Ticket
- The Cusco Tourist Ticket officially called “Boleto Turistica del Cusco,” is a ticket which allows you to gain entrance to multiple attractions in and around Cusco and the Sacred Valley. The full ticket is the most popular, but there are also several partial tickets on sale too. In 2014, Peru´s Ministry of Culture changed the rules for the tickets, so read carefully the ticket types available, what entrances they include and how much they cost!
The Full Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTCI)
- Includes entrance to 16 attractions within Cusco, surrounding areas and the Sacred Valley, the Full Cusco Tourist Ticket is the most popular ticket to buy. It is also the most expensive. Not all of the attractions listed on the ticket are must visit, but it does include the most popular attractions such as Saqsayhuman, Pisaq and Ollantaytambo. If you plan on visiting both Cusco and the Sacred Valley, this is the ticket to buy. This ticket is valid for 10 days, unlike the other tickets which are valid for just 1 – 2 days.
- Validity: 10 Days
- Price (2014): S/. 130 (US$ 47)
- Included: Saqsayhuman, Qenko, Pucapucara, Tambomachay, Museo de Arte Popular, Museo Histórico Regional, Museo Municipal de Arte Contemporáneo, Museo de Sitio de Korikancha, Centro Qosqo de Arte Nativo, Monumento de Pachacutec, Tipon, Pikillacta, Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Chinchero & Moray.
Partial Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTCPI) / Circuit I– Saqsayhuman
- This partial Cusco Tourist Ticket includes just 4 entrances. The attractions are the 4 main attractions located just outside of Cusco and not in the city itself. Take note that this ticket is valid for just 1 day!
- Validity: 1 Day
- Price (2014): S/. 70 (US$ 25)
- Included: Saqsayhuman, Qenko, Pucapucara & Tambomachay.
Partial Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTCPII) / Circuit II – City & South Sacred Valley
- This partial Cusco Tourist Ticket includes 8 entrances. Generally speaking the attractions listed on this ticket are the least visited of all in the Cusco region. The Museo Histórico Regional (the original home of Garcilaso de la Vega) and the Inca archaeological site of Tipon are definitely worth visiting.Take note that this ticket is only valid for 2 days.
- Validity: 2 Days
- Price: S/. 70 (US$ 25)
- Included: Museo de Arte Popular, Museo Histórico Regional, Museo Municipal de Arte Contemporáneo, Museo de Sitio de Korikancha, Centro Qosqo de Arte Nativo, Monumento de Pachacutec, Tipon & Pikillacta.
Partial Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTCPIII) / Circuit III – Sacred Valley
- This partial Cusco Tourist Ticket includes 4 entrances. It includes the most important attractions in the Sacred Valley, and is the ticket you need to buy if you are only visiting attractions in the Sacred Valley and not Cusco. Take note that this ticket is only valid for 2 days.
- Validity: 2 Days
- Price : S/. 70.00 (US$ 25)
- Included: Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Chinchero & Moray.
Cusco Tourist Ticket Points of Sale
- You can buy the partial or full Cusco Tourist Ticket at any of the attractions listed on the ticket. You can also buy the tickets at the central office or the official tourist information centre called DIRCETUR.
- BTG Ticket Office
- Address: Avenida. El Sol 103 Galerías Turísticas
- Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday, 08:00 – 18:00 hrs.
- Official Tourist Information Centre – DIRCETUR
- Address: Calle Mantas (just off the main plaza)
- Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday, 08:00 – 12:00 hrs & 14:00 – 18:00 hrs.
- Things to Know!
- Tickets cannot be purchased via the internet.
- To buy any of the Cusco Tourist Tickets you need to present your passport.
- You may be requested to show your passport along with the ticket to gain entrance to sites included on the ticket.
- Children under 9 don´t pay. You may need to show a passport as proof of age.
- Children aged 10 – 17 years old pay the reduced student rate, BTG Full S/. 70, BTC Partial S/.40 (passport needed as proof).
- The ticket cannot be bought with anticipation.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferrable.