South Valley: Tipon, Pikillacta and Andahuaylillas
This tour is known for combining beautiful natural landscapes, Inca architecture in Tipon, pre – Inca Wari architecture in Pikillacta and a beautiful chapel, known as the “Sistine Chapel of America”
We pick you up from your Hotel between 09:00 hrs and 09:30 hrs to start visiting theses incredible places:
TIPON: Tipon is said to be a royal garden commissioned by Wiracocha. It is one of the most elaborate examples of agricultural terracing created by the Incas. These tall terraces which run up the narrow valley are irrigated by an aqueduct from Pachatusan, the mountain above the site.
In addition to the terracing there are also some other structures at Tipon, including baths, a temple complex, canals and aqueducts.
Tipon is definitely one of the lesser visited sites in the Cusco area but it is equally as impressive as those in the Sacred Valley. The Tipon Archeological Complex is located 24km Tipon Main Squaresoutheast of Cusco.
PIKILLAQTA: Pikillacta is the only pre-Inca site in the
Cusco area. This adobe complex was built around 700 to 900 AD by the Huari, in the area, there is a small Inca site just a short walk from Pikillacta, known as Rumicolca, a travel checkpoint for the Incas.
ANDAHUAYLILLAS: Here you find the “Sistine Chapel of Peru”, a church that is home to golden altars, paintings and many colored ceilings. The chapel is simple and unassuming on the outside, but on the inside you’ll find masterpiece after masterpiece.
On the return pass Saylla typical Cuzco where people can enjoy the delicious pork chicharrones (optional).
We returned to Cusco for approximately 15:30 hrs.
Duration: 6-7 hours.
THIS TOUR IS AVAILABLE IN THE SERVICE GROUP AND PRIVATE SERVICE.
DAILY DEPARTURES !!! From 09:00 am to 3: 00 pm
GROUP SERVICE: US$15.00 per person.
Boleto Turistico (Tourist Ticket) to the ruins not included). Meeting point at Machupicchu Exploring office.
You could combine this tour with train to Aguas Calientes and accomodation this night to be able to see Machu Picchu for sunrise the following day. This program is called “ Machupicchu & South Valley 2 Days” and is a combination of 2 tours, the South Valley Tour and the Classic train tour to Machu Picchu and for those who only have 2 days for this tour rather than 3, it is a must!
Cusco Tourist Ticket
- The Cusco Tourist Ticket officially called “Boleto Turistica del Cusco,” is a ticket which allows you to gain entrance to multiple attractions in and around Cusco and the Sacred Valley. The full ticket is the most popular, but there are also several partial tickets on sale too. In 2014, Peru´s Ministry of Culture changed the rules for the tickets, so read carefully the ticket types available, what entrances they include and how much they cost!
The Full Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTCI)
- Includes entrance to 16 attractions within Cusco, surrounding areas and the Sacred Valley, the Full Cusco Tourist Ticket is the most popular ticket to buy. It is also the most expensive. Not all of the attractions listed on the ticket are must visit, but it does include the most popular attractions such as Saqsayhuman, Pisaq and Ollantaytambo. If you plan on visiting both Cusco and the Sacred Valley, this is the ticket to buy. This ticket is valid for 10 days, unlike the other tickets which are valid for just 1 – 2 days.
- Validity: 10 Days
- Price (2014): S/. 130 (US$ 47)
- Included: Saqsayhuman, Qenko, Pucapucara, Tambomachay, Museo de Arte Popular, Museo Histórico Regional, Museo Municipal de Arte Contemporáneo, Museo de Sitio de Korikancha, Centro Qosqo de Arte Nativo, Monumento de Pachacutec, Tipon, Pikillacta, Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Chinchero & Moray.
Partial Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTCPI) / Circuit I– Saqsayhuman
- This partial Cusco Tourist Ticket includes just 4 entrances. The attractions are the 4 main attractions located just outside of Cusco and not in the city itself. Take note that this ticket is valid for just 1 day!
- Validity: 1 Day
- Price (2014): S/. 70 (US$ 25)
- Included: Saqsayhuman, Qenko, Pucapucara & Tambomachay.
Partial Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTCPII) / Circuit II – City & South Sacred Valley
- This partial Cusco Tourist Ticket includes 8 entrances. Generally speaking the attractions listed on this ticket are the least visited of all in the Cusco region. The Museo Histórico Regional (the original home of Garcilaso de la Vega) and the Inca archaeological site of Tipon are definitely worth visiting.Take note that this ticket is only valid for 2 days.
- Validity: 2 Days
- Price: S/. 70 (US$ 25)
- Included: Museo de Arte Popular, Museo Histórico Regional, Museo Municipal de Arte Contemporáneo, Museo de Sitio de Korikancha, Centro Qosqo de Arte Nativo, Monumento de Pachacutec, Tipon & Pikillacta.
Partial Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTCPIII) / Circuit III – Sacred Valley
- This partial Cusco Tourist Ticket includes 4 entrances. It includes the most important attractions in the Sacred Valley, and is the ticket you need to buy if you are only visiting attractions in the Sacred Valley and not Cusco. Take note that this ticket is only valid for 2 days.
- Validity: 2 Days
- Price : S/. 70.00 (US$ 25)
- Included: Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Chinchero & Moray.
Cusco Tourist Ticket Points of Sale
- You can buy the partial or full Cusco Tourist Ticket at any of the attractions listed on the ticket. You can also buy the tickets at the central office or the official tourist information centre called DIRCETUR.
- BTG Ticket Office
- Address: Avenida. El Sol 103 Galerías Turísticas
- Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday, 08:00 – 18:00 hrs.
- Official Tourist Information Centre – DIRCETUR
- Address: Calle Mantas (just off the main plaza)
- Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday, 08:00 – 12:00 hrs & 14:00 – 18:00 hrs.
- Things to Know!
- Tickets cannot be purchased via the internet.
- To buy any of the Cusco Tourist Tickets you need to present your passport.
- You may be requested to show your passport along with the ticket to gain entrance to sites included on the ticket.
- Children under 9 don´t pay. You may need to show a passport as proof of age.
- Children aged 10 – 17 years old pay the reduced student rate, BTG Full S/. 70, BTC Partial S/.40 (passport needed as proof).
- The ticket cannot be bought with anticipation.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferrable.