City Tour Cusco
Main Square (Cusco – Peru)
Cusco the “Archaeological capital of the Americas” seen as the oldest continuously inhabited city is a beautiful city riddled with contrasts between the indigenous styles and the modern western world. All these contrasts have given Cusco its rare beauty.
Departures: Daily at 1:30PM and returns around 7:00PM.
This trip lasts half a day. We will pick you up at the hotel at about 1.30 pm. The groups will first visit the centre of Cusco, having with us a professional guide. First he will present the Cathedral (build in a Baroque style and having paintings of the Cusqueña school) and the temple of Qoricancha, more known as the gold covered temple (A place which we will appreciate in all its enchantment, the temple of the Thunderclap, Ray, Lightning, Rainbow, Stars and the temple of Santo Domingo). These attractions are important in a time of constant cultural development in architecture, religion and policy, started in the colonial time.
Next we will visit the fortress of Sacsayhuaman, situated on a mountain overlooking Cusco. Sacsayhuaman, a walled-complex is as many other Inca constructions made of large polished dry-stone walls, each boulder carefully cut to fit together tightly without mortar. Sacsayhuaman, is a huge, stunning site which holds the great house of the Sun, where the head of the Puma of Cusco resides. Its megalithic, zigzag stone walls were pieced together with amazing skill, drawing the snake and other Andean symbols, like a lightning bolt across a great field.
Following we will set course to Qenqo, also known as the Labyrinth. This temple dedicated to Mother Earth is a unique center of celebrations and astronomical studies. It has numerous ceremonial carvings, holes and canals cut into the rock. One of its features is a semi-natural underground
Later on we’ll visit Pucapucara, This complex contains several rooms, inner plazas, aqueducts, vantage points, and pathways. It might have served as a tambo or rest and lodging area.
Last but not least we will go to the archeological site of Tambomachay. Tambomachay might have fulfilled an important altar function linked to water and the regeneration of the land and closely linked with Pucapucara. The area covers about one hectare, and was made out of polygonal shaped set limestone.
We will return to Cusco around 7.00pm
THIS TOUR IS AVAILABLE IN THE SERVICE GROUP AND PRIVATE SERVICE.
DAILY DEPARTURES !!! From 01:30 pm to 17:00 pm
GROUP SERVICE: USD$10 (Adult) & USD$ 8 ( Students)
Boleto Turistico(Tourist Ticket) to the ruins not included). Meeting point at Machupicchu Exploring office.
Cusco Tourist Ticket
- The Cusco Tourist Ticket officially called “Boleto Turistica del Cusco,” is a ticket which allows you to gain entrance to multiple attractions in and around Cusco and the Sacred Valley. The full ticket is the most popular, but there are also several partial tickets on sale too. In 2014, Peru´s Ministry of Culture changed the rules for the tickets, so read carefully the ticket types available, what entrances they include and how much they cost!
The Full Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTCI)
- Includes entrance to 16 attractions within Cusco, surrounding areas and the Sacred Valley, the Full Cusco Tourist Ticket is the most popular ticket to buy. It is also the most expensive. Not all of the attractions listed on the ticket are must visit, but it does include the most popular attractions such as Saqsayhuman, Pisaq and Ollantaytambo. If you plan on visiting both Cusco and the Sacred Valley, this is the ticket to buy. This ticket is valid for 10 days, unlike the other tickets which are valid for just 1 – 2 days.
- Validity: 10 Days
- Price (2014): S/. 130 (US$ 47)
- Included: Saqsayhuman, Qenko, Pucapucara, Tambomachay, Museo de Arte Popular, Museo Histórico Regional, Museo Municipal de Arte Contemporáneo, Museo de Sitio de Korikancha, Centro Qosqo de Arte Nativo, Monumento de Pachacutec, Tipon, Pikillacta, Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Chinchero & Moray.
Partial Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTCPI) / Circuit I– Saqsayhuman
- This partial Cusco Tourist Ticket includes just 4 entrances. The attractions are the 4 main attractions located just outside of Cusco and not in the city itself. Take note that this ticket is valid for just 1 day!
- Validity: 1 Day
- Price (2014): S/. 70 (US$ 25)
- Included: Saqsayhuman, Qenko, Pucapucara & Tambomachay.
Partial Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTCPII) / Circuit II – City & South Sacred Valley
- This partial Cusco Tourist Ticket includes 8 entrances. Generally speaking the attractions listed on this ticket are the least visited of all in the Cusco region. The Museo Histórico Regional (the original home of Garcilaso de la Vega) and the Inca archaeological site of Tipon are definitely worth visiting.Take note that this ticket is only valid for 2 days.
- Validity: 2 Days
- Price: S/. 70 (US$ 25)
- Included: Museo de Arte Popular, Museo Histórico Regional, Museo Municipal de Arte Contemporáneo, Museo de Sitio de Korikancha, Centro Qosqo de Arte Nativo, Monumento de Pachacutec, Tipon & Pikillacta.
Partial Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTCPIII) / Circuit III – Sacred Valley
- This partial Cusco Tourist Ticket includes 4 entrances. It includes the most important attractions in the Sacred Valley, and is the ticket you need to buy if you are only visiting attractions in the Sacred Valley and not Cusco. Take note that this ticket is only valid for 2 days.
- Validity: 2 Days
- Price : S/. 70.00 (US$ 25)
- Included: Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Chinchero & Moray.
Cusco Tourist Ticket Points of Sale
- You can buy the partial or full Cusco Tourist Ticket at any of the attractions listed on the ticket. You can also buy the tickets at the central office or the official tourist information centre called DIRCETUR.
- BTG Ticket Office
- Address: Avenida. El Sol 103 Galerías Turísticas
- Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday, 08:00 – 18:00 hrs.
- Official Tourist Information Centre – DIRCETUR
- Address: Calle Mantas (just off the main plaza)
- Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday, 08:00 – 12:00 hrs & 14:00 – 18:00 hrs.
- Things to Know!
- Tickets cannot be purchased via the internet.
- To buy any of the Cusco Tourist Tickets you need to present your passport.
- You may be requested to show your passport along with the ticket to gain entrance to sites included on the ticket.
- Children under 9 don´t pay. You may need to show a passport as proof of age.
- Children aged 10 – 17 years old pay the reduced student rate, BTG Full S/. 70, BTC Partial S/.40 (passport needed as proof).
- The ticket cannot be bought with anticipation.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferrable.