NOTE : If there are 2 or more of you, we can OPEN a new departure date on any date you wish.
E- mail us at: ,email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Reserve Services with Machupicchu Exploring Peru
The Peruvian system of services and products sometimes differs to that in your home country. We strongly suggest you read the following carefully:
Trekking, Jungle and Biking tours: Machupicchu Exploring Peru operates in regions where standards of accommodation, transport and services might not be those you would normally expect. However we strive, with all due care and skill, to provide the best services for our tourists. Travelling in Peru requires flexibility, patience, broad-mindedness, good humor and understanding that changes may be made without notice due to circumstances beyond our control (Force Majeure – see below). By booking any of our tours you agree to Machupicchu Exploring Peru making necessary changes without liability.
Persons with medical conditions that may affect their ability to complete the trek must disclose this information prior to do the trip.
Due to the nature of the trek clients will be walking at different speeds and not be together as a concentrated group. The guide will not be able to watch everyone all of the time. Every person therefore, is responsible for his or her own personal safety and must have their own suitable travel insurance.
At all times the decision of the company’s biking ,trekking guide will be final on all matters likely to endanger the safety and wellbeing of the group. Should the client interfere with the wellbeing of the group then the guide may order the client to leave the group without recourse to any refund. Any liability is limited to the price paid for the trek. Staff of Professional licensed English speaking private tour guides.
IMPORTANT: if you are using a SPAM filter, this email could be caught in your filter. Please check your filter if you do not receive the email within 5 minutes.Some of our passengers e-mail us saying our confirmation e-mails are placed to their spam folder rather than their inbox. We recommend to modify your JUNK or SPAM FILTER SETTINGS to receive our e-mails of Machupicchu Exploring Peru
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
on the correct inbox. You may also want to add this email address to your list of known contacts. This will prevent our responses from being filtered into your Junk or Spam mail folder.
To officially book any itinerary/program or trek, we ask for the following deposits depending on the type of tour booked :
2,3,4,5,6 Days Inca Trail Reservations – A deposit of US$200 is required and if you want to hire an extra porter US$20 for each porter (is non-refundable and not transferable to any other person OR to a different date due to the (inflexible) of the Inca Trail) and requires permits. see availability first, before you send us your trek deposit. (non-refundable and not transferable)
- Alternative Treks/Reservations – $100 deposit per person required (non-refundable)Transferable to another person
- Customized Itineraries and Package Peru Tours – 50% deposit required (non-refundable and not transferable)
- Car Service and Camping Equipment Rental – 30% deposit required (non-refundable)Transferable to another person
- Flight, Bus and Train Tickets Reservations – 100% deposit required (non-refundable and not transferable)
- Private Service – 50% deposit required (non-refundable and not transferable)
- Deposits will sometimes vary according to the nature of the itinerary, ie. hotels / flights / trains / trek permits, etc. Deposits for the Inca Trail are non-refundable and subject to our cancellation policy (below).
- In the case of late bookings – those made within 30 days of the departure date, full payment (100%) of the balance is due and payable immediately. If services offered cannot be confirmed, you will be offered an alternative itinerary or a full refund.
- Remaining balances for Personalised Itineraries need to settled using the same payment methods utilised when sending your deposits 1 month prior to departure date. Remaining balances for Treks can be settled in Cusco prior to the trek in US Dollars cash if only booking a trek. At the time we receive your initial deposit we will email you an Expenditure List which displays all services that you are reserving with us and costings, including our various payment methods available to you.
1. Arrive in Cusco 2 days before trek departure: Your arrival date in Cusco must be at least 2 days prior to trek departure since you have to pay the trek balance before 5pm, 2 days before you start the trek. Arriving 2 days prior to the trek also ensures that you are better acclimatized to the high altitude. However 3 days is recommended.
If you really can not arrive 2 days before you start the trek, we have to get an email from you in order to coordinate:
Event 01.- If you will arrive one day before you start the trek, we will meet you at the Cusco’s airport or at our main office, there you will pay the trek balance and will get the trek briefieng.
Event 02.- If you will arrive on the same morning of the trek departure, we will meet you at the Cusco’s airport, will have enought time to get ready for the hike, will provide the trek briefing and will transport by van to the trek beggining, Km.82.(On 2008, we did have more than 15 experiences like this, because flight cancellations, strickers, etc.)
Then, as you realize we are ready to help and join you with your trek group and not miss it !!!!!! just you need to coordinate with us and keep in touch before you arrive to Cusco.
2. A free airport to hotel transfer is provided for groups of 10 person or more. Obviously if you want an airport to hotel transfer we will require your flight arrival details: Airline, flight number, expected arrival time and date. (to be confirmed at least 7 days in advance).
3. Student discounts: If you are claiming a student discount you must send us a ‘JPEG’ scan of your ISIC card by email within 03 days of us accepting your booking. Only a valid ISIC card is acceptable. If you cannot provide us with a scan of your ISIC card within 3 days of us accepting your booking we will charge you the standard adult trek price. We cannot obtain the discount at a later date.There is no age limit for students.
You MUST bring the ISIC card to the office when you pay the trek balance and take it with you on the Inca Trail as it will be checked several times by government officials. Unfortunately no other forms of student identity are acceptable (university cards, international youth cards, teachers cards etc). If you forget your ISIC card or lose it then there is a risk that you may not be allowed to start the Inca Trail. Many students have been turned away at the start of the trek this year for not having a valid ISIC card. (Note: it is a rule to follow according the bookings regulations on the Inca trail 2009)
4. Child discounts: Children under 16 years old receive a US$45 discount. If you are claiming a child discount you must send us a scan of your child’s passport (page containing photo and date of birth) by email within 3 days of us accepting your booking. If you cannot provide us with a scan of your child’s passport within
3.days of us accepting your booking we will charge you the standard adult trek price for your child. (Note: it is a rule to follow according the bookings regulations on the Inca trail 2009)
5. Children under 08 years old receive a US$45 discount, If you are claiming a children discount you must send us a scan of your children’s passport (page containing photo and date of birth) by email within 3 days of us accepting your booking. If you cannot provide us with a scan of your children’s passport within 3 days of us accepting your booking we will charge you the standard Child trek price for your children. (Note: it is a rule to follow according the bookings regulations on the Inca trail 2009)
SAE members: $ 20 discount per person, it will be discount at the time of your final balance payment.(Please show your SAE member card to our office crew once you are in Cusco and you will get the discount)
6. If you have a hotel reservation in Cusco please include the name of your hotel on the reservation form. This allows us to locate you if there are any problems with your arrival. You will also be asked to confirm your hotel in Cusco when you come to the office to pay the trek balance.
(1) Western Union Money Transfer Company
Another way to do your payment from abroad and avoid high bank charges or taxes, is using WESTERN UNION, a global transfer service that has a large network of offices around the world.
Money Transfer by Western Union (using your credit cards) – There are additional fees associated with this method of payment.
The method of payment depends on which country that you are sending the money. From the USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, France, Netherlands & Norway you can make the money transfer online at : http://www.westernunion.com/index_consumer.asp Just visit the website and follow the instructions. Visa and Master Card can be used. The charge is less if you go directly to a local Western Union agent in your town and pay in cash. For countries other than those mentioned above you will have to go to the office of your local agent to pay the deposit. The Western Union website allows you to search for the agent nearest to where you live. There are over 245,000 agents throughout the world so you should have no problem finding one that is convenient to you.
Receiver’s Name: Yeny
Receiver’s Surname: Sanchez Huaman
Receiver’s Address : Santiago N- 4
Receiver’s City: CUZCO
Receiver’s Country: Peru
E-mail: email@example.com o firstname.lastname@example.org
Receiver’s ID: 44185852
Phone numbers: mobile 051 986819242
(2) PAYPAL Payment You can pay using www.paypal.com
There is an 7% service charge on all transactions using this method. Its a safe method to transfer your funds and instantaneous.
You do not need to have a Paypal account – we can easily send a REQUEST FOR FUNDS to your email address and by following a simple link you can pay with your credit card direct to us with VISA VERIFIED.
Duration of Taken to Receive Transfer: Instantaneous
(3) Transfer into o PERUVIAN BANKING ACCOUNT
Here are our full details to Send Money to our Boss Account ( Please Remember to add 7 % of the total amount due to our local Bank Charge this amount for any Transaction from Abroad)
Duration of Taken to Receive Transfer:
1 day to 3 days dependent on where you are sending from.
It can be done at any bank, make the deposit with the following information:
Name of Bank: Interbank
Account Number: (US$ dollars) 4203079691289
Account Name: Yeny Sanchez Huaman
SWIFT CODE: BINPPEPL
Emergency phone VíaBCP: 051-084-225251
Bank Address: Av. El sol 380
The deposit must be sent under the name of …. (you can print this page).
Afterwards send us an e-mail with the following information:
Date and hour of the Payment
Operation and transaction numbers.
Displayed name (it should be ……)
Sent total amount
Name of the bank where the transaction was done.
We’ll send an E-mail confirming the transaction and we’ll re-confirm your reserve as well.
1.-Modifications to your Booking
Any modications to the original booking must be confirmed in writing via email. Any costs or charges, which we incur or which are incurred or levied by our service providers as a result of the modification, will be charged to the passenger. Whilst every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate changes and additional requests, availability cannot be guaranteed.
2.-Substitution of a Passenger
If any member of a party is prevented from travelling, it may be possible to transfer the booking to another person provided that written notice is given at least 30 days prior to departure. An administration fee of US$50 will be levied plus any costs imposed by ourselves or our service providers. Airlines may impose 100% cancellation charges and the cost of a new ticket.
In the event of a cancellation we need to be informed in writing. Cancellation charges will be applied as shown below calculated from the day written notification is received by ourselves. In addition to the charges shown below airlines may impose 100% cancellation charges and certain hotels, ie. No refund.
Machupicchu Exploring Peru Cancellation Policy
1. The trek deposit must be paid prior to the date shown on the trek confirmation email. Clients must email Machupicchu Exploring Peru to confirm that they have paid the deposit. Failure to pay the deposit and/or inform us of the deposit payment details before this date will result in automatic trek cancellation.
2. The trek balance must be paid in the Machupicchu Exploring Peru office prior to 6pm at least 2 days prior to trek departure. Failure to pay the trek balance prior to this time will result in trek cancellation.
Note: If you really can not arrive 2 days before you start the trek, we have to get an email from you in order to coordinate how you could pay the trek balance.
3. Trek cancellations made between payment of trek deposit and 6pm 2 days prior to trek departure date: Return of all payments made, less the trek deposit of US$150 per person, less any costs associated with receiving and returning the payment.
4. Trek cancellations made after 6pm 2 days prior to trek departure but prior to boarding the bus on the morning of the trek:
(a) In the event that the trek is completely cancelled and none of the group members depart: Refund of 50% of trek value. However not all of the refund will be made in cash. Some of the refund will comprise your Inca Trail and Machu Picchu entrance ticket, your bus ticket from Ollantaytambo to Cusco and your return train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo (approximate value US$115 for Classic Inca Trail). And (approximate value US$90 for Alternative Treks). Please note that the client will be responsible for changing the dates of any of these tickets (if necessary) and any costs associated with such changes.
(b) In the event that the client cancels their trek reservation but the rest of the group continue on the trek: No cash refund. However we will give to your Inca Trail and Machu Picchu entrance ticket, your bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes and your return train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Cusco (approximate value US$115). Please note that the client will be responsible for changing the dates of any of these tickets (if necessary) and any costs associated with such changes.
5. Trek cancellations made after trek departure (ie once you have boarded the bus): No refund.
In all instances of trek cancellation by the client Machupicchu Exploring Peru will provide written confirmation of the cancellation and details of any payments lost so as to be used in the event of any insurance claim made by the client.
We will confirm your trek reservation by email within a couple of days.
We will require a trek deposit of US$150 per person paid within 07 days of us confirming your trek booking. The date by which the trek deposit has to be paid and details of how to pay the trek deposit will be included in the trek confirmation email.
Single traveller booking are accepted for the group service. There are optional single tent supplement without extra cost.
Note: As you may realize we are very happy to announce (publish) our 2015 trek prices and departures, but we are very clear too that some of the third party cost such, entrance fee to Machu Picchu, train ticket return, etc, may increase later, even a month before your trek departure as is been happening the last 05 years.
If any of the third party costs listed below (what is included) change to increase the cost of the trek we will immediately update the trek price listed on our website and will inform by email to every client immediately, Clients will be liable for paying any increased cost of the Inca Trail trek upon arrival in Cusco.
Cancellation of Flights: If your flights were purchased under the Economical Fares then please note that these are Non-Refundable / Non-Transferable / Non-Changeable. This is the conditions of LAN Airlines.
Cancellation and changes made by Machu Picchu Exploring Peru
While we will endeavour to operate all tours as quoted, it may prove necessary or advisable to vary or modify an itinerary or its contents, due to prevailing local conditions. We reserve the right at any time to cancel or change any of the facilities, services or prices (including flights, accommodation or other arrangements) and to substitute alternative arrangements of comparable monetary value without compensation and accepts no liability for loss of enjoyment as a result of these changes.
If a major change is known to us, our passengers will be told at the time of the booking
If a major change becomes necessary after booking we will inform our passengers as soon as is reasonably possible.
Machupicchu Exploring Peru reserves the right to increase the tour cost to take into account of the following items: government action, currency fluctuations, transportation costs (including the cost of fuel), food increases, airport charges and increase in scheduled air fares or any other increase that is beyond our control.
Machupicchu Exploring Peru will not be liable for any charges in the event of a change beyond their control to the departure time or date of a tour, flight or other form of transport.
Machupicchu Exploring Peru is not responsible for force majeure – this is war, threat of war, riots, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activities, natural or disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions, technical or maintenance problems with transport, changes imposed by cancellation or rescheduling of flights by an airline, the alteration of airline or aircraft type, or other similar events beyond the control of ourselves.
Passports, Visas and Vaccinations
It is the responsibility of the Passenger to be in possession of a valid passport, visa permits, proof of inoculations and preventive medicines as may be required for the duration of the tour. Information about these matters or related items is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of ourselves.
All participants in tours operated by Machupicchu Exploring Peru are expected to obey the laws and regulations of the countries visited and any failure to do so will relieve Machupicchu Exploring Peru of all obligations that they may otherwise have under these booking conditions.
Age, Fitness and Participation
All Passengers are expected to satisfy themselves prior to booking that they are fit and able to complete the itinerary of their choice. Persons over 60 years of age will be advised to obtain medical evidence of fitness to travel on the chosen itinerary. No unaccompanied minors (those under 18 years of age) can be accepted on tours operated by ourselves, however older teenagers may be considered provided they are accompanied by a parent or guardian who accepts full responsibility for them. We reserve the absolute right to decline a booking at our discretion. If, in the opinion of such person, the health or conduct of a Passenger before or after departure appears likely to endanger the safe, comfortable or happy progress of a tour, the Passenger may be excluded from all or part of the tour. In case of ill health we will make such arrangements as it deems fit and recover the costs thereof from the Passenger.
Illness or Disability
Anyone suffering from illness or disability or undergoing treatment for any physical or medical condition must declare the true nature of such condition at the time of booking and make arrangements for the provision of any medication and/or other treatment which may be required during the tour. Failure to make such disclosure will constitute a breach of these booking conditions and result in such persons being excluded from the tour in which case all monies paid will be forfeited.
We strongly recommend the use of a travel/medical insurance plan. We do not provide or include an accident or travel insurance policy in our cost. However, if a member of the group gets sick or is incapacitated, we take care of him or her by getting a qualified doctor or immediate medical attention. In these cases, the extra costs are assumed by the individual client, including hospitalization if necessary. In the case of accident and/or necessary emergency evacuation, all costs are assumed by the individual client.
If a Passenger has a complaint about any of the tour arrangements he/she must bring it to the attention of the Guide or a representative of Machupicchu Exploring Peru at the time so that they may endeavour to rectify the situation. We can only rectify problems if we are made aware of such problems. Failure to complain immediately will prejudice the Passengers right to claim compensation. Should the problem remain unsolved a complaint must be made in writing to ourselves within no more than 14 days of the completion of the holiday.
Machupicchu Exploring Peru reserves the right to modify or withdraw any travel arrangements when deemed necessary, in the best interest of the clients. We reserve the right to refuse, accept, or retain any person as a member of one of our trips.
Machupicchu Exploring Peru is not responsible for injury, sickness, damage, loss, additional expenses, accidental delay or other irregularities which may be caused either through wilful or negligent acts or omissions on the part of companies or individuals providing or engaged in transportation, accommodation or other services related to the accomplishment of the tour, or through natural disasters or acts of nature.
Note About Campsites on The Inca Trail
Please note that we are not in control of the campsites we are issued with from the Institute of National Culture. In general your campsite allocation is dependent on how early you book, or rather, how many permits are left. The first 250 spaces are generally given to Winay Wayna (3rd campsite) and thereafter you will have a longer walk to Machupicchu on the last day and it could mean you do not make it for sunrise. Do not let this disappoint you as Machupicchu is marvellous in itself!
* Campsites are subject to change according to our guide’s criteria and the group progress.
Factors outside the company’s control (force majeure)
The company will do its best to minimize the effects of matters outside its control, but cannot accept liability for these matters which include political disputes, industrial action, delayed transport and cancellations, problems attributable to third parties ,unforeseeable climate, natural disasters,etc.
Claims and complaints
If a client has a complaint against the company the client must inform to the trek guide while on the trek in order for the guide to attempt to rectify the matter. Any further complaint must be brought of the manager in our office in Cusco.
Acceptance of terms and conditions
By participating in your trek (#) the clients accepts the terms and conditions stated above. Clauses relating to cancellation of trek come into effect directly after the trek purchase.
Staying healthy during your trek.
1. Machupicchu Exploring Peru recommend you to be at least two days before you do any of our treks in order to acclimatize . Cusco is on 3,300 meter above sea level.
2.Ensure that you are fit and healthy before commencing the trek. Allow at least 2 days in Cusco ( or similar altitude) to acclimatize to the altitude. Although many people do the trek do not expect it to be easy. Anyone with respiratory problems should not undertake this trek.
3.Walk at your own pace. Even though you are part of a group you will not all walk together in a bunch. People walk at different rates so keep to the speed that suits. The group gets back together at the ruins or any interesting place to enable the guide to explain them to everyone. Try not to over exert yourself. If your heart is pounding rapidly in your chest stop a little and have a rest and wait until it calms down a little.
4.Drink plenty of fluids on the trail. We’ll provide you with teas, mates and coffees at meal times but you will have to drink a lot more fluid besides these drinks. Bring a water bottle of at least 1 liter capacity per person.
5.Don’t get sunburned. The sun at high altitude is particularly strong. Walking in shorts and T-shirts is fine but put on plenty of high factor protection and always wear a hat.
6.When the sun goes down the temperature drops rapidly and it is easy to get a chill. Put warm clothes on.
I hereby declare to accept the terms and conditions as stated above by MACHUPICCHU EXPLORING PERU.